As we continue to expand and grow, the Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce is looking to fill a Business Development Executive position. The ideal candidate must be creative, forward thinking, detail oriented and enjoy working within a SMALL business environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
Business Development Executive
- Proven success in high production sales department of a sophisticated organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing or closely related experience is preferred.
- Experience in a non-profit organization or with fundraising is desirable.
- Proven expertise in sales
- Proven success in customer service and relationship building/maintenance
- Familiarity with database and relationship marketing
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel) and familiarity with database programs
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Participate in direct sales activities.
- Assist in the development of key messages and sales presentations.
- Support event activities that drive interest in Chamber membership.
- Develop referral sources and prospecting strategies.
- Perform customer service activities and support the success of all members.
- Carry out a strategic sales effort aimed at member recruitment and added-value opportunities.
- Recommend a total involvement strategy for key clients and prospects with the goal of maximizing financial commitments and involving key leaders/CEOs.
- Maintain knowledge of the business community and relative business trends.
- Generate and maintain viable prospect files and referral networks.
- Conduct all necessary research on key members and prospects.
- Maintain expert knowledge of Chamber products, programs, and initiatives.
- Represent the Chamber at functions within the organization and the community.
- Make formal sales presentations to potential members.
- Develop events and other marketing concepts to complement personal sales efforts.
- Compile correspondence, membership sales kits, and other sales support documents.
- Conduct all necessary follow-up.
- Complete contracts, collect payment and maintain required paperwork.
- Achieve personal sales goals set by Vice President Business Development; contribute to the success of both the team and the organization through support, counsel, and advice on successful sales strategies.
- Participate in all sales and staff meetings, scheduled floor days, Member Orientations, and other Chamber events/meetings as assigned.
- Participate in training activities as required.
- Encourage ongoing engagement of new members; to invite new members to participate in events, committees, and other Chamber-related programs.
- Advise Vice President on issues affecting membership and membership sales.
- Maintain current and complete information including all interaction with members in the Chamber Master (CRM) system.
Thank you for your interest in the Scottsdale Area Chamber of Commerce