The Scottsdale Chamber of Commerce conducts Ribbon Cutting Ceremonies as a complimentary service for Chamber partners at the Classic and Advantage levels. Ceremonies can be performed as a stand-alone event or as a part of an open house or grand Opening. We bring the camera, official scissors and, of course, the ribbon!
When Would A Business Hold A Ribbon Cutting?
- If the business is within the first year of opening the business
- If the business recently moved or has been remodeled
- If the business is celebrating a major milestone and wants to celebrate with a customer appreciation event
What Are The Benefits Of Holding A Ribbon Cutting?
- Holding a Ribbon Cutting is a great opportunity to create public awareness about the business
- A Ribbon Cutting gives the opportunity to thank contractors, lenders and other support businesses who were involved in assisting with the opening or remodeling of the business
- A Ribbon Cutting can be a time to show future customers ‘behind the scenes’ areas of the business
What The Chamber Does:
- Sends out an email to Chamber Ambassadors, Chamber Board Members, and city dignitaries to notify them of your Ribbon Cutting
- Promotes the event in the weekly Chamber Events-at-a-Glance email sent to our Chamber members and online subscribers
- Promotes the event via the Chamber’s social media channels prior to the event, and posts a photo of the ribbon cutting on our social media channels after the event
- Provides the ceremonial scissors and ribbon to cut
- Attends the Ribbon Cutting and takes a photo of the cutting
- Posts the photo on the Chamber Facebook page
- Typically, our Ambassadors and staff members attend. On occasion, the Chamber President, Chair of the Board, Mayor of Scottsdale, City Council members, County Commissioners, and Board Members attend as well, depending upon their availability
Ribbon cuttings are generally scheduled between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Tuesday through Thursday with late afternoon (4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.) being the most popular.
We will do our best to schedule your preferred date and time but must work around the Chamber’s schedule of events.
Decide What Type Of Event You Would Like To Host
You may choose to keep it simple and have our staff and Ambassadors in attendance for a quick and simple photo opportunity. You may also choose to make it a bigger affair by sending personalized invitations to your business associates — clients, vendors, and friends. You could have a prepared program, catering, or even mementos for the guests. By inviting your business neighbors (in addition to a photo op) and providing snacks & refreshments, your attendees will stay longer and leave with a more positive impression of your hospitality.
Your Action Items
Confirm date and time with Chamber.
Plan your event details and logistics.
Post your ribbon cutting details on our Facebook Chamber Connections page and on the Member MarketSpace under MY EVENTS.
Get the word out to your customers and stakeholders! Share your event on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.